Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content


How to Incorporate a Dental Practice

I want to incorporate my dental practice. What should I do?

Dentists are required to get a permit (i.e. consent) from CDSBC before practising dentistry under a corporation name. We recommend obtaining professional accounting and legal advice before applying to incorporate your dental practice. See below for instructions on how to incorporate a dental practice.


Payment can be made by cheque, money order, or online by credit card. If paying by credit card, once your application has been reviewed, you will receive an email notification to pay the application fee online.

Please allow 10-15 days for your application to be processed.

Amalgamating Dental Corporations

I'm amalgamating dental corporations. Do I need a new permit?

Yes. All dental corporations must be considered “in good standing" under the Business Corporations Act to hold a valid permit, as per CDSBC Bylaws.

Once your corporation is amalgamated, its predecessor corporations will no longer exist. Therefore, the predecessor corporations are not considered in good standing, and the amalgamated corporation will require a new permit.

How can I get a permit for my amalgamated dental corporation?

  • If the name of the amalgamated corporation is the same as one of the predecessor corporations that has received College approval, you must complete the items listed in Step 4 above.
  • If the name of your amalgamated corporation will be different than the predecessor corporations, you must complete Steps 1 to 4 above.

Note: Once a permit for the amalgamated corporation has been issued, the permits for the predecessor corporations will be cancelled immediately.

Apply for a Dental Corporation Name Change

How do I change the name of my dental corporation?

Complete and submit a name change application (outlined in Step 1, above) and pay the $50 application fee.



Please email or call 604-736-3621.

After you have incorporated, all office procedures should be set up or modified to reflect the fact that the business is now being carried on by the company.