Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Submit a Complaint

The public has a right to expect a professional standard of care. If you are dissatisfied with the care you have received or have related concerns, you may find it helpful to request  an explanation from your dentist, dental therapist, or CDA before you submit a formal complaint.

Some complainants contact us seeking a resolution that we cannot provide. Because CDSBC cannot address concerns that are outside of our legal power, our investigation outcome may not address every aspect of the complaint you submit. Learn what CDSBC can and cannot do as result of a complaint.

Formal complaints must be in writing and include your name and signature. Please submit your complaint on our Complaint Form (PDF), which provides guidance on what to include in your complaint, and will help us in our investigation.

Note that CDSBC does not accept verbal, anonymous, or unsigned complaints. Submit your signed complaint by email or mail:



​College of Dental Surgeons of BC
500 - 1765 West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, BC  V6J 5C6

If you do not use our Complaint Form (PDF),  be sure to include:

  • your full name and complete contact information (address, phone number and email address)
  • name and address of the dentist/dental therapist/CDA you wish to complain about
  • name and address of any other dentists you have seen or consulted
  • detailed description of the facts leading to your complaint
  • any dental records you may have in your possession
  • your signature

Privacy and confidentiality

Note that your complaint letter will be provided to the registrant for their response. In most cases, you will also see the response that they provide to your complaint.

Read more about confidentiality in our Complaints Process: Public FAQ.

Simple miscommunications between dentists and patients are at the root of many complaints

Questions about the complaints process?